not that i m trying to make anyone depressed, but the economy is really going down south.
i made a few adjustments to my lifestyle and i am sharing with everyone:-
1. i changed my broadband package to 'streamyx combo', took the lowest package which is rm60. my previous package is rm44 for 60 hours, which on top of that i need to pay rm29 for the phone line rental. the savings is not much but i get unlimited access instead of 60 hours monthly.
2. the same for mobile phone, i usually cant finish the talk time, so i downgrade my package. it's also wise to sub the line to spouse. cos it's usually free to call and sms to yr sub line.
3. i cook and eat at home as frequent as i can. my cooking is improving. eating out is limited to weekends.
4. i try not to go too far for lunches or dinners with friends. it sucks but first, i get to save and second, i lower my risk of being robbed or carjacked.
5. i buy clothes from warehouse. FOS is my fav. but i am very choosy. only buy good material. cos some are not that good. rm100 can get me 3 or 4 outfits. i am becoming a warehouse junkie. i also surf shoppingnsales.com and everyday.com weekly to see if there is anythong interesting, and cheap, of course.
6. i restrained myself from getting a new phone/ PDA. lets see how long i can last. (i failed at my previous obsession, LCD TV!!)
7. for this year, i say no to traveling overseas. it will be more to local trips. i swap timeshares with friends. i m bored with my hotel network, they are bored with theirs, so it's win-win.
and beginning this year, i m managing my finances better.....
8. i put in more money in my study loan repayment. there is this saying 'settle debts before saving'. i try to clear my credit card every month (tried very very hard)
9. i put a small amount into unit trust regularly, to dollar cost average, and it i have more, i will put in more, considering the values is low now. and hoping that it will go up in two to three years.
and for the environment,
10, i try to bring a shopping bag when i am out. i refuse to take a plastic bag if i only buy one or two item. just toss them in the hand bag.
there u go.......10 big steps for the year 2009